TRANSLATE

lunedì 8 novembre 2010

IRVINE WELSH AUDITORIUM

Irvine Welsh on stage in Rome. Interviewed by Massimo Bocchiola, his official translator of other authors and type Auster, Bukowski and Kerouac. A bored afternoon strolling navigate between literary sites and blogs of all sorts becomes a single episode. Meet your favorite writer, see him live to answer questions and listen to 'one of our', not the reporter who usually reads the first and last cover and, yes, is to Trainspotting. The site is intriguing, the Auditorium in Rome, where the acoustics and comfort are put in the foreground. You will pay a ticket, I think and hope, otherwise it is barely a month there will be more space for sure. I rush to the ticket in the first possible moment, and I discover that the price of the evening just two Euros. Double-edged sword. In a stadium would cost a fortune but rather in a closed room becomes a dangerous reason to remedy an unfortunate place. And far away. As it happens instead of the few remaining are not too far from the stage. I'm so happy that I take eight of those ranks that remain. At most, if nobody will go with me, even my girlfriend, a situation unlikely, I will have the convenience of seven free places nearby. Tickets places them in a drawer, but before I watch them one last time. It seems incredible that it is so excited about a show on a stage other than a concert.
The theater, though not focused action and comedy, boring. Let alone an interview. The days go by looking on the calendar to it with the X. March two thousand and twenty-six. Twenty-one hours. The row is the Thirteen of this number you can say is good luck or bad, but thinking about it because I'm not asking for anything mica luck. My companion and partner comes home in pieces, have those things that women are once a month. Catholics say the fault of the apple and the snake while scientists to human nature. E 'destroyed and you can not move it from home. Patience, I'll reluctantly go alone and still expect us to be friends with six markers. The ticket will help to keep more space between us and the rest of the row. Rome in late March is magic, with a mild climate and a desire to spend the winter underground. The appointment is at the bar of the Auditorium, where I always wonder who it is that comes to mind to buy expensive chocolate before a show. I sit at a table and wait. Friends come in pairs, but one is missing, scattered like small two euro spent on them. The glass half full is that I have three more seats to be comfortable. The company loses something, but comfort is a luxury we did not expect to afford. One spritz well done you sip while we talk I browse my copy of Trainspotting. Yes, I brought it and ask for an autograph, a nearly forty year among teens, but, as Irvine, 'who cares'. I was undecided whether to take the entire collection, but would not be enough for a backpack and then I would not have tracked down my face in my repertoire for a chance like that. Faces in black and white parade hanging on the walls of the imposing corridor leading to the Hall Petrassi. Photos taken by writers and artists who have explained their point of view to audiences of curious like us. It 's fascinating how he is to reveal who made you dream, cry and laugh without even knowing it. Irvine Welsh: how to write. Here we are. The masks show us the way to the right line. Just a few minutes to nine and the room is full. The seats are less comfortable than we expected and more in those three turn into a boon against excessive proximity of the next. Lights off in the pit and lit on stage. Two chairs and a table. A woman appears from the wings and sits down crossing her legs. There must be some mistake. We are not in one of his stories and then Bocchiola did not change sex. The woman with her legs crossed now holding a notebook. Yes, it is the interviewer and a lot of us fooled. You will see a bald-headed Viking. E 'Welsh, taller and bigger than it seemed at the cinema in that cameo of Trainspotting where Renton, that the actor Ewan McGregor, two peddles heroin suppositories that are then set to constipation in a horrible water. It 'a Viking. Hooligan from the past it has certainly benefited. In a fight without rules would be a terrible figure. Roars a thunderous applause in the hall. Welsh thanks. He was holding a glass of wine resting on the table, then sits and waits for questions. The woman has, as if there was a need to reveal a radical-chic 'r dull as his clothes and his movements. It will be the usual interview, it is probably a literary critic, perhaps it is also good, despite belonging to a despised class of publishers, writers and readers. I have around me three seats left, so even if it is an old story of quotations, big words, literary trends and questions didactic flavor, I can enjoy the thought of my favorite writer. Wrong. A mask lurks threateningly at the end of the seats behind him quickly approaching a group of latecomers. There is no time to search the right places, you go to the first available, even if they were bought by someone else. He ordered me to move softly and make room for newcomers. Meanwhile, Irvine Welsh is responding to a word cloud of dust raised by a journalist from French newspapers, writers who can not write from junkies and literary movements. Dark figures sit down right next to me. I have the jacket folded over his stomach. The closest now extends his elbow and his sneakers stink. Welsh speaking of the Scots, love them of course, tells the cadence of speech, perfectly framed in a musical time known as the 'four quarters'. At the pub down the street or at the bus stop is enchanted by the rhythm that the people of Edinburgh is running to say something. The interviewer, as in the best cliches, goes on to cite the last book published recently, that it promotes. Welsh set to speak like a robot because it is a topic that has addressed how many times in recent months. 'Crime', is entitled. Unlike earlier, the last novel is much left to go to descriptions dealing with an issue as important as child abuse. The neighbor's chair while trying to shake and seize the arm but I do not give up and this causes a large blast that launches the stench of her shoes until my sense of smell. A Chinese torture. If I stand still I care if I move the arm and I poisoned with the stench. The interviewer goes from one book to another going backward in the career of Scotland. Comes out just the views of Welsh, the healthy and strong, everyone wants to hear. Everyone in the room, I do not know the interviewer, who read the books of Welsh. Trainspotting is the terminus, where the woman asks the relationship of Irvine with drugs. He pulls out a wicked little smile as a child interviewer is pleased, leaving the protected zone, also had a rough time. Talk of the drug in a set and programmed and is best read in books that live hear because to unbutton it would take two or three pints and a situation much less public. Then finally something interesting and little known comes out. Welsh take writing seminars. Then explain that starts a story and immediately think of the final. He wonders if it is credible and then passes it to the editor that the critical points that it considers appropriate. Time is running out and would not be bad for the stench of the nearby but it is not good because they are not satisfied. Maybe I imagined it just me but I was hoping for a show of hands would have asked something personal to the writer. The presenter tired of questions and answers dismisses the evening thanking Welsh. At the exit we are all waiting for an autograph. Here is the Viking. A friend more enterprising than me jump the queue and the first point, the row roars but no one complains, Welsh offers a signature under my name that not even understand a letter. E 'Scottish and calls us' mangiaspaghetti'. There is a reason as well.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento